A huge benefit to living in NY is the number of top quality Meetups that always seem to be going on. I went to ‘A Night of Gesture’, hosted by Deb Benkler and and Ken Lonyai. Below is their summary email from the night. Check out the links and if you’re in New York you should catch the next one.
Thanks again to our special guest, Anna Pereira from the MIT Media Lab.
We appreciate your patience with our technological issues. As promised, here’s a list of the gesture SDK’s we looked at:
- Developer SDK, Toolkit & Documentation | Kinect for Windows
- iisu SDK
- Project opportunities | OpenNI
- Evoluce SDK for Kinect | Multi-touch LCD displays and software for gesture control computing with a natural user experience
- Creative* Interactive Gesture Camera Developer Kit
- How GesturePak Works
- SDK Download – SAMSUNG SMART TV APPS Developer Forum
- Leap Motion | Our Story | Blog
- Nanogest: Hand Gesture Recognition for iOS/Android — Nanocritical Corp.
These and many more will be available on the full web site in the future.
Here is the list of videos that we planned to show in their viewing order:
- PointGrab (mostly English) http://youtu.be/Gs1RUiKurjw
- LG Finger Gesture control http://youtu.be/D62nIQUAktg
- Introducing the Leap Motion http://youtu.be/_d6KuiuteIA
- Painter® Freestyle™ beta powered by Leap Motion http://youtu.be/1Ij0ZWx6dNQ
- SpaceTop http://youtu.be/HlkewQGh1IE
- A World of 3D Sensing by PrimeSense http://youtu.be/zXKqIr4cjyo
- MYO – Wearable Gesture Control from Thalmic Labs http://youtu.be/oWu9TFJjHaM
BONUS – An NUI Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/